Soggiorno La Pergola · History
When the road was still outside the walls was characterized by extensive gardens, including the Arte della Lana had built a puller that, for the presence of a nearby grape arbor, was told "tiratoio della Pergola." In 1652 in its place was built the Academy Theater of Pergola Properties, which is still the historical theater of Florence par excellence and the most important architecture of the street.
The three sections of the street once had many names: from Sant'Egidio to via degli Alfani had its current name, "Via della Pergola" , then up to Via della Colonna "Via d'Orbetello" (for the Orbatello hospice) and until Via Laura, "via fra gli Orti."
Divided between its residential vocation, theater and hospital (for the presence of a hospital side of the Santa Maria Nuova), on the street there isn't a lot of places to shop, the theater magnetizes a lot of travelers.
Current owner of the Soggiorno la Pergola in Via Della Pergola 23 is Ms. Letizia Barlozzi with her sons Enrico and Massimo who continue with passion this wonderful work of hoteliers.